Create new Mailbox Store

  • From: "Jules Birch" <jules.birch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:34:31 -0700

Hello

I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 on a Compaq Proliant 370 server.

I have just hit the 16 Gbyte storage limit for the mailbox store.  I have
run a database defrag and made a bit of space and carried out some
archiving and all is now running smoothly.
However, I need to add a new mailbox store to give myself some extra
storage space before I run out of space again.

I am led to believe that I need to upgrade to Exchange Enterprise Edition
to add extra stores.

Once I have done this I believe that I can create up to a total of 5
stores in the existing Storage Group.

I can?t find any documentation relating to how create a new store in the
existing Storage Group.

Is there a simple how to in existence somewhere which will walk me through
this?

If I create a new Store do I have to move some users from the original
store into the new store so that they can use its resources or is the
spare space shared between the 2 stores automatically?

Regards

Jules Birch