Crazy Problem

  • From: "Chris Rollison" <crollison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:08:40 -0600

I have a crazy problem, primarily with Win2k server, but I'm trying to
find a workaround.  My problem is that i have a ghost user.  I have a user
who everything was working fine.  One day she couldn't access her exchange
mailbox.  I try working on the machine, then try to readd her to the local
admin group.  There are two users, the one that should be there and
another with the username and the serial number following it.  Adding both
will not let me gain amdin privs.  The second user does not show up on
Active Directory users and computers anywhere.  I have checked the lost
and found, but nothing.

anyway If you have fix for the above, that would be great, but how about a
workaround.  Is there anyway to create a new user, make that user have the
same e-mail address as the old user, but different logon.  Can I then
reassociate the old users mailbox to the new user.

Confusing but I'm reaching here.

Thank You