Re: Corrupted PRIV.EDB to PST

  • From: "Mark Dewell" <M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:02:57 +0100

We are running Exchange 2000 and have had several corrupted stores. Usually
the corrupted stores have continued to run, but error messages appear in the
event logs and the Arcserve backup agent bombs out when trying to back them
up (which is how we usually notice the problem).

I believe every instance of a corrupted store has been down to the server
being reset without allowing the information store service time to stop
gracefully.

I have successfully used ESEUTIL to fix each problem. Seems to work well but
can take a couple of hours to fix a 10Gb store (server is P500 with 2Gb ram).
The main limitation we have found with performance of eseutil, and exchange
generally, seems to be memory space.

---<  Mark Dewell, University of East London, Dagenham, Essex, UK  >---
---<  Email        : M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx                            >---
---<  URL          : http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/1278               >---

< Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty (Anne Herbert) >