RE: Copy mailboxes to another computer

  • From: "Otto G. Holland" <oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:36:34 -0400

You are correct...we recently deployed a new Active Directory Organization to
replace an old "Domain" NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5 and we had a huge headache.
1) We had many global contacts that we had to export to the new Exchange 2000
server.
2) We needed to export all mail boxes but found many duplicates and (single
name) mail boxes. Note: Exchange will not export mail boxes unless they are
full name without duplicates.
After many hours and days exporting the mail boxes I found out that ignorance
is Bliss "from the matrix" and I should not have created the users on the new
server but that the new Exchange server would export all "legal" mail boxes and
would also create the Domain user accounts too.

It would take a long time to explain how we got the contacts (about 50 groups)
to the new server, but I am willing to give pointers.
Sincerely,
Otto Holland
oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>