RE: Content Filtering on Exchange BridgeheadServers

  • From: "Ion Gott" <Ion.Gott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:41:42 -0800

I was thinking around the same lines as I currently run KVS/Symantec Enterprise
Vault. The problem is that I'm in the middle of a migration from 5.5 to
Exchange 2003 (Site Consolidation) and journaling only runs on the Exchange
clusters and not on the Bridghead servers or spoke 5.5 servers at the Branches.

I'm in the process of trying to get the product upgraded from the 5.0 version
to the 6.0 version of Enterprise vault which has SMTP journaling capabilities.
The only issue with going full throttle on something like that is my
organization receives nearly 3.5GB of valid inbound email per day and about
2GB's of outbound email is sent per day.

I'm really going to need some massive storage arrays and some expansion on the
SAN's to accommodate this and this will take time and lots of planning. I was
hoping to find something quick and dirty to allow some email to be reviewed by
management, the file system is just to difficult for them to navigate when it
comes to the email.

Thanks

Ion
<http://www.dyntek.com>

________________________________

From: "Brian Pituley" <bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:48:46
To:"[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Content Filtering on Exchange Bridgehead
 Servers

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hmmm....  Either a real e-mail archiving system or perhaps journaling with a
rule set up to forward the specifics you want to capture.

Brian Pituley
Director of Information Technology
T: 408-441-3611
F: 408-441-8405