[ExchangeList] Re: Contacts disappearing in public folder

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:40:29 -0400

What's the topology, and especially with regard to public folders?  Is it possible you have a replication issue?
Is it repeatable?  Are there specific steps that always cause the issue?
What is the connection (logically and physically) from client to server, and what exists between the two?

And of course, the usual questions: Anything in the event logs on the server?  On the workstation?  On the DC's?

Any chance you can do a network capture between client and server, and watch for what is happening when you don't see any items, and what you are seeing when you are getting items listed?

Things I would be suspicious of:
Replication of public folder content
Weirdness / corruption in the PF store
Some weird permissions issue causing odd problems
Flaky router blade between clients and server (seen this sort of thing before)
Some user playing games with the data, either intentionally or unintentionally.

Rick

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:26 AM, James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Do you observe same symptom when testing via owa?