[ExchangeList] Contacts disappearing in public folder

  • From: Albert Charron <acharron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:20:37 -0400

-------------------------------------------------------Hi. First, let's hope
you'll understand my problem. English isn't my main language so I'm not sure
how it will go...

We have an Exchange 2007 SP1 server fully patched, with about 20 users
connecting to it. This server hosts a contact folder in the public folders so
users can access the business contacts. From time to time, the contacts don't
show in the folder. Looks like they are just not displayed, because if we stay
in this folder for a while (do nothing, just stay there), the contacts are
starting to reappear... for every user... All the clients are Outlook 2007
(except 1 machine, which is Outlook 2003). No clients are in cached mode (they
all use direct connection).

What should I check to find out what's happening, and how to solve this
annoying issue?