RE: Contact Distribution List

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:31:40 -0500

> just like to ask one more question.  Does it matter if you put the
> contacts in a Global>>Distribution Group or a Domain Local
> Distribution

I don't think so.  Many of mine are currently Universal groups because the
Exchange 5.5 to 2000 upgrade process creates them in that manner.

> this scenario.  Also is there any other advantage of using
> security groups
> in this way other than the fact that you can apply them to

You can only put user accounts into security groups and you can put only
mail-enabled directory objects into distribution groups.  They really aren't
interchangeable.