Connector Question

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:50:23 -0400

Hello,

I have an SMTP connector question. I have setup a connector to handle an SMTP
address called: otherdomain.com. This connector sends mail through a smart
host.  I have configured two local bridgeheads and have selected their
default SMTP Virtual Servers.

When I send a message the routing goes correctly except for one thing:
Instead of the outbound connection from my bridgehead using the Default SMTP
Virtual Server, its using one of the other Virtual Servers on the Bridgehead.
When I look at the message headers after it has been received by
otherdomain.com they indicate that source IP address is for one of the other
SMTP virtual servers.

Is this normal behavior. I would have thought that after specifying a
specific virutal server that the mail would have gone out through that one
and not one of the others.

Thanks

Bill