Connectivity Problem

  • From: "Vittal" <apvittal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:58:11 -0600

We have setup of fileserver-A with w2k os having as domain name
and 8 users are connecting/login into the server for day to day operations
and storing their documents on the server. On the another location, where
the setup is filerserver-B w2k os domain name is with active
directory and  another server with w2k and exchange 2000 loaded. About 200
users are connected to the server which is working fine. Now I have to
shift fileserver-A to this location of fileserver-B and join. I would like
to use the filerserver-A as before (that means eight users will be logged
into this and share the data) and the users of filerserver-A will access
exchange 2000 server through thier local mail browser outlook 2000 as a
corporate mail account.

My doubts are, since the fileserver-A has different domain name, when
users are trying to connect to exchange server 2000 which has different
domain name, can the users of filerserver-A  have authentication from
filerserver-B. All  servers fileserver-A, fileserver-B and exchange Server
2000 have active directory opened.

How can this be solved? Please help me? Thanks in advance.