Connectivity Problem

  • From: "Vittal" <apvittal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:58:11 -0600

We have setup of fileserver-A with w2k os having abcd.com as domain name
and 8 users are connecting/login into the server for day to day operations
and storing their documents on the server. On the another location, where
the setup is filerserver-B w2k os domain name is xyz.com with active
directory and  another server with w2k and exchange 2000 loaded. About 200
users are connected to the server which is working fine. Now I have to
shift fileserver-A to this location of fileserver-B and join. I would like
to use the filerserver-A as before (that means eight users will be logged
into this and share the data) and the users of filerserver-A will access
exchange 2000 server through thier local mail browser outlook 2000 as a
corporate mail account.

My doubts are, since the fileserver-A has different domain name, when
users are trying to connect to exchange server 2000 which has different
domain name, can the users of filerserver-A  have authentication from
filerserver-B. All  servers fileserver-A, fileserver-B and exchange Server
2000 have active directory opened.

How can this be solved? Please help me? Thanks in advance.

apvittal
apvittal@xxxxxxxxxxxx