Connecting to an Exchange Server on a different subnet

  • From: "Jeff Adzima" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 21:23:34 -0700

My new task is to split my client into two separate subnets, each on
separate pipes. The media group has decided they want and need their own
T1, while the rest of the company shares another one. Each T1 has
different IP's associated with it. I still require the folks in media to
connect to the Exchange Server for shared calendaring and resource
allocation and I'm not quite sure how to do this. I've been researching
a bit on routing groups and bridgehead servers, etc.

Currrently the LAN is on a private IP scheme of 192.169.10.0, with a DC
performing NAT and utilizing R&RA, another DC that is also the Exchange
Server, and a TS all with static IP's in that scheme. My plan for the
new media group was to establish a secondary scheme of 192.168.11.0 and
connect the two.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me what I need to
research to get this working.

Thanks.

Jeff