RE: Connecting Exchange servers

  • From: "Anthony Kariuki" <A.Kariuki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:49:33 +0300

I will not pretend to know all AD/DNS thingys you have to check in order to get
things on top again. But last time I had a similar problem, it turned out that
my newly upgraded McAfee Viruscan 8.0i had implemented its own rules and
blocked port 25. Try to telnet onto port 25 of each server (and resolve any
issues there). Else, am clueless ...

Anthony

Date:           12/21/2004
Time:           2:13:14 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       EXCHANGE1
Message delivery to the remote domain 'exchange.domain.com' failed for the
following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

Data:
0000: d3 02 04 c0               Ó..À

Exchange1 is the new server, and exchange is the old server. Message was sent
from a user on exchange1 to a user on exchange.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You

in
> terms of name resolution and permissions etc.  I tend to look at
> service pack levels, event logs, dcdiag, netdiag, policycheck, telnet
> to SMTP etc
> make sure that all is reportin as well before getting into the
> application troubleshooting.  You can use extra logging functions to
> see if the rest
of
> those work out well.  Netmon can be helpful as well.
>
> Winroute is an especially useful tool in these situations.
>
> Al

Exchange1
> belong to same routing group and same admin group, but users on one
> can
not
> send to users on another.
>
> I am troubleshooting this and any pointers is appreciated. No errors
> at present in the event logs, messages just sit in queue until timed
> out,
then