RE: Connecting Exchange servers

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:51:57 -0800

What is interesting is that messages between the 2 servers are being sent
out the smart host. This is whether one server receives an inbound for a
user on the other, or from a user on one server to a user on the other
server.

I am seeing this error in the app log when a message is sent from one to the
other:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Connection Manager
Event ID:       4000
Date:           12/21/2004
Time:           2:13:14 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       EXCHANGE1
Message delivery to the remote domain 'exchange.domain.com' failed for the
following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.

Data:
0000: d3 02 04 c0               Ó..À

Exchange1 is the new server, and exchange is the old server. Message was
sent from a user on exchange1 to a user on exchange.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You

Exchange1