RE: Connecting Exchange servers

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:12:52 -0500

For starters, I'd say have a look at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823489

And

But I'm a funny one.  I prefer to ensure that Exchange and AD are correct in
terms of name resolution and permissions etc.  I tend to look at service
pack levels, event logs, dcdiag, netdiag, policycheck, telnet to SMTP etc to
make sure that all is reportin as well before getting into the application
troubleshooting.  You can use extra logging functions to see if the rest of
those work out well.  Netmon can be helpful as well.

Winroute is an especially useful tool in these situations.

Al