Confused with SBS 2003 & Exchange with POP 3 ?

  • From: "Phil Boulding" <phil.boulding@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:52:15 -0600

PLease could someone advise. Just installed SBS and set up exchange to
work with POP3 mail boxes.
I have web server and email hosted outside of our internal network.
Internal SBS server =cctv-uk.local

I've managed to get POP3 mail coming from my mail provider and even sent
email via SMTP I think !!

My confusion is that in exchange I have entered my "old" Pop3 user id and
password to collect the emails, great.
But then I believe to collect these emails which will presumably sit in my
exchange in box on the SBS server.

When configuring outlook on my client, what do I enter for the mail
server? is it mail.cctv-uk.local? or what please ?
AND when I enter the password do I use the SBS logon id and that password
as opposed to the old POP 3 logon id and password (As I believe I've done
that conversion really on the exchange server)

Hope someone could advise or point me to a good document.

Thanks in advance and here's hoping

Phil B (Blackburn)