Configure Exchange to work with VPOP3

  • From: "Andy" <cluggas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:17:57 -0700

A client of mine have currently got MS Exchange server running on an NT
server.
Exchange is currently configured for internal email only, and they would
like it extended to send and recieve external email.

From previous systems I have seen, I think it would be best to have a
separtate POP3 server program working alongside Exchange. The program I
have in mind is VPOP3.
(If anyone can suggest a better configuration I would be grateful.)

Can anyone give me advice on how to configure Exchange to work with an
external POP mail handler or is this not necessary. Can Exchange be
configured to do this itself.

Kind Regards, Andy