RE: Configure Exchange 5.5 as front end server

  • From: Calderón Vilches Luis Daniel <Daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:08:20 -0500

Hi Rajnish,
This is what I know.
I'm not quite sure about a a E2K server being backend of a E5.5 OWA server.
But, you could accomplish the same with E5.5 only.
Your mail didn't specify some details, but I assume when you say Site, you
didn't mean E5.5 sites but two different remote locations.
If so, I assume you have only one E5.5 site.
If this is true, you just have to add a new E5.5 server to that site. This
server automatically will receive a copy of the existing directory of that site.
Remember that E5.5 don´t work with Active Directory and it has its own
Once you added the new E5.5 to that site, your existing OWA server will be
front end server of the newly-added E5.5 server.
That's why OWA 5.5 queries E5.5 directory to find out which server on the site
contains the requested mailbox contents.
Since your newly-added server will be part of that directory, this will work.
Except for better opinion,