Configuration Help

  • From: Brandon Lockhart <brandon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:42:42 -0500

Exchange 5.5 was pretty much an out of the box solution for us.  Now we are
upgrading to Exchange 2000.  We have AD running and has been a pretty stable
product.  After about 1,000 Exchange 2000 botched installations and AD
cleaning, we finally got a full copy installed w/o errors.

Here is the setup, we have about 15 servers all running Win2k.  We have one
server running WinNT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5 on it.  One of our spare servers
we have installed Exchange 2000 on.  I want to migrate all the users onto
this server over the course of a weekend.

When I am testing out the new server installation, I am having problems.
When I add a new user with Active Directory, and add a new mailbox for this
user on the Information Store of the new server, and then I reconfigure an
outlook client to login to the Exchange server with this new user, I am
getting an error message stating that the user can not be found in the
Address List.

The E2k is pretty much out of the box, I added an SMTP Route, and haven't
really changed anything else.  It is running in Mixed mode.

The E2k server is functioning as far as I can tell, as
http://servername/public is allowing me to access and post to the public
folders (however http://servername/exchange is returning a 404 error)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.