Complicated setup- your advice is important

  • From: mmmopo errer <hatem20072008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:30:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All

the idea which i was  trying to implement to have only one Physical server,
installed on it Exchange server 2003 with Multiple Recipient Update Policy to
server multiple SMTP Domain hosted in USA and to use ONE POP3 downloader like
GFI has been refused at all from my management .

so i need help to answer my questions which is from ( 1 ) to ( 6)  in the Part
of ( Second server) . please.

 safety reasons he doesn?t like to have one physical server with Multiple
Recipient update Policy and this Physical server will host all of the user?s
mailboxes on it. Even if I create PST, for each user and deliver all of the
E-mails to the PST.

The Plan which  I am going to do is :-

The infrastructure which I have is the following :-

  1.  Domain Controller with Win SRV 2003 installed on it & DNS installed on it
with this DNS name (

       2. One ISA Server 2000

       3. 150 users with Windows XP-Pro SP1 installed .

      All of the users under the domain name ( ).

So what I need is :-

·         4 servers to install on it Exchange server 2003 .

·         4 POP3 Downloader installed on each one .

·         4 servers to work as backup ? incase of any one down ?

The plan is:-

1. First server

·         Bring the first server and give him this name ( ) , and give him this IP-Address  ( ) and
give him this IP-Address of the DNS which is the IP-Address of the Default
Domain controller which is ( ) and give him also this IP-Address of
the default gateway which is the same IP-Address ( and then make
sure its able to communicate with the DNS server , then join this server to be
under the domain .

·         Put the exchange server CD, then run the command which is (
Forestprep ) to prepare the whole forest for the exchange .

·         Put again the Exchange server CD , then run the command which is (
domainprep ) to prepare the domain which is ( to the
exchange server .

·         Put the exchange server CD again and run the setup for the current
server and install the Exchange server on this server .

·         Do not change the default organization name for the exchange and let
it work Normally

·         After that you will find that the exchange server is installed on
this server and this server is able to work normally.

·         Now , no need to change the Receipint update policy , only I will add
one condition , which is , any user I create and have the company name (
tantawi-group), please give him this SMTP address with it (

·         I will modify the SMTP Virtual server to send all the E-mails to the
Smarthost of the ISP and this SMTP Virtual serve will work normally without any
problem .

·         I will create only one SMTP Connector to accept connection with all
the users with this Address space ( *.) and without any problem on it at all .

·         Then the server configuration side is finished .

·         This server have GFI installed on it and configured to connect to out
side to work normally.

 2. the clients:-

·         Go to Active Directory users and computers.

·         Create user, and do not forget to add his company name which is (

·         Associate these users with this E-mail server and with the mailbox
store on the first server.

·         Open his Microsoft outlook 2003, and chose to add a new Profile.

·         Type the Profile name ? which is (exchange server).

·         Choose ? Add a new E-mail account -.

·         Choose ? Microsoft exchange server -.

·         Type the IP-Address of the default exchange server which is
( and work normally m until you will be able to connect to the
server and able to send & receive without any Problem.

We will see that , all the users are able to send and receive through this
exchange server .

1. second  server

For the second exchange server , after I install the exchange on it and let the
exchange join the same exchange organization name

1.       do you think it will join the default Routing Group , or it will
create another routing group and the second server will put him self inside it ?

2. do you think it will have the same RUP or Not ?

3. if it is have the same exchange recipient update policy , what is the Best,
modify it , or delete it and create another new one and let it to work with
only the company name ( ) .

4. if its not the same , I will create another one and I will make a condition
on it to work with the company name which is (    egysolutions) only.

5.  do you think for the second exchange server which I need to create domain
controller for this domain ( ) and have also DNS on it and let
the users for this domain will connect to the DC of this domain instead of (
TANTAWI-GROUP.COM ) ,   or  I can work normally with current infrastructure  ,
and I can play with RUP on it  ? What is the best ?

6.  what is the best , should make each exchange server have installed on it
its own GFI and connect to the internet and    then create SMTP Virtual server
for each server , or I will change it to be all the e-mails should sent through
the first exchange server and also receive through it ? what is the best ? can
you explain to me .

really I get confused and really need your help in this situation .

with my best wishes.

Do You Yahoo!?