Complex migration, seperate forests, 2000 & 2003

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:46:24 -0400

(I've been away for awhile, as I am in the process of moving and
changing jobs, so hello everyone, I hope that all is well!)

So, I am trying to wrap my head around a migration between two
separate forests, one 2000 and the other 2003, which Exchange Server
2003 resides within.

The goal is to migrate the 2003 forest and mailboxes into the 2000
forest and associate the mailboxes with the 2000 accounts
(non-Exchange; same names, different *usernames*), and then eventually
upgrade the 2000 forest to 2003.

There are only about 60 workstations and about 100 users involved.  Do
you have enough information to provide a high-level
recommendation/suggestion/KB articles? :)

Thank you,

...D