RE: Company name change

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:35:19 -0400

Hi Simon,
Yes, you need to modify the default recipient policy and modify your MX
records in the Internet DNS. Also, remember that modifying the recipient
policy and removing the old domain name does not automatically remove
the old domain name based SMTP addresses from the user objects. The
users will still continue to have the old SMTP address as a proxy
address. However, the new email address will become the default. If you
really want to get rid of the old email addresses, then you have to
remove them manually from each user object, or write script for doing
that. No other changes are required.

Raj Periyasamy
Systems Administrator
MCSE(Messaging), CCNA