[ExchangeList] Re: Cluster Basics

  • From: <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:46:03 -0600

Michael,

We're bloated really bad from years of being told we couldn't enforce any size limits.  Right now we have 5 storage groups (All SAN attached), each one runs 300gig in size with about 50% of that used.  We try to keep things evenly split up, but with the size of some of our administration's mailboxes it difficult, believe it or not we have several administrators with mailboxes over 12gig.

We've finally got our point across and are going to implement size restrictions in Sept.  Unfortunately we know that it's going to further the PST nightmare, we're simply moving the space from one location to another.  Someday we'll figure out a way of dealing with the high profile users that don't know where the delete key is.

George Taylor

Regional Health Inc.