Re: Clean Mailboxes

  • From: Roop Sankar <roop.sank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:36:28 +0530

Hi Ashraf,
I hope when you mean clean out the old mailboxes, u want to completly
delete the mailboxes.....if so then you can follow the steps mentioned
below.

1>Open Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) -> Right click the
user -> Exchange Tasks -> and Remove Exchange Attributes.
2> Open Exchange System Manager (ESM) -> right click Mailboxes (under
the Mailbox Store) and select Run Cleanup Agent -> and wait for the
Red Cross to come up accross that users mailbox.
3>Once the red cross appears accross the mailbox -> Right click that
Mailbox -> and select Purge -> the mailbox is deleted.

Let us know if it has helped you.

Regards,
Roop.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:25:04 +0300, Jawad, Ashraf <JawadAI@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> Hi Praveen,
>     Thanks a lot for your fast reply, actually it will help us for the new
> cases but we need to clean the old mailboxes.
>  
> Thanks
> Ashraf
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Praveen Ramaswamy [mailto:ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:10 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Clean Mailboxes
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/ 
> 
> Hi Jawad,
>  
> Actually even when account is disable, mails will still come to the user
> mailbox, someone pls correct me if am wrong. So if you don't want that
> disabled user to receive mails, you can set delivery restrictions or storage
> limit on that particular mailbox.
> You will get this options in "Exchange general tab" in user properties. 
> You may have to use "Active directory users and computer" from Exchange
> system manager instead from administrator tools...else you may not see
> Exchange related tabs in user properties
>  
> Hope this helps !!
>  
> Regards
> Praveen R
> 
> "Jawad, Ashraf" <JawadAI@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Hi,
> We have Exchange 2000 and facing problem, some x-employees their account
> disabled but we realized their mailboxes are increasing in size. Is there a
> way to clean their mailboxes without opening the mailbox.
> 
> Best Regards
> Ashraf 
> 
> -----------------------------------------
> This E-Mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are
> not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of
> it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all
> copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return E-mail.
> Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error or
> virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
> omissions.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> ________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
> ------------------------------------------------------ List Archives:
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist Exchange
> Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp Exchange FAQ:
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------ Other Internet
> Software Marketing Sites: World of Windows Networking:
> http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading Network Software Directory:
> http://www.serverfiles.com No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
> http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security Resource Site:
> http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------ You are currently
> subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as: jawadai@xxxxxxxxxxx To
> unsubscribe visit http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> roop.sank@xxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> 
> 
> 
> This E-Mail is confidential.
> It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not
> copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this
> message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and
> notify the sender immediately by return E-mail.
> Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error or
> virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
> omissions. ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> roop.sank@xxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Other related posts: