Re: Clastered Exchange Server + Low Disk Space

  • From: "Gene Sibbs" <gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:06:52 +0200

One more thing:

Is there a good tool that I can use to monitor the functional overview or health status of our cluster? Say the disk space is going down or performance is taking southerly direction I would like to be notified via email

From: "Gene Sibbs" <gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Clastered Exchange Server + Low Disk Space
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:55:08 +0200

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Thank you very much for your response...we managed to bring our exchange 2003 cluster online.

We just pointed the log files plus database to a new bigger volume. Further more this was a good learning curve for us.

From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:42:59 -0200

http://www.MSExchange.org/

You could create more mailbox stores on the new volumes instead, and
move some mailboxes there. It wouldn't require you to keep all databases
together.

Would improve the performance too (if the new volume is on other
spindles).

Tiago de Aviz
SoftSell - Curitiba
(41) 3340-2363
www.softsell.com.br

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, tem caráter confidencial e seu
conteúdo é restrito ao destinatário da mensagem. Caso você tenha
recebido esta mensagem por engano, queira por favor retorná-la ao
destinatário e apagá-la de seus arquivos. Qualquer uso não autorizado,
replicação ou disseminação desta mensagem ou parte dela é expressamente
proibido. A SoftSell não é responsável pelo conteúdo ou a veracidade
desta informação.

>>> gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx 24/11/2005 17:54 >>>

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Greetings

My clustered exchange is running out of disk space on the disk that is

housing exch database. I called the SAN guys to increase/grow disk
space and
instead of growing the LUN they created a new disk volume.

I was told that they couldn't grow the disk becoz our MS exchange
cluster is
running on basic disk and if they try to grow disk the cluster will be

broken completely. I was given a new volume based on these grounds.

Now I want to move all exch databases on to new volume*and bring up my
Exch
up again.  Any step-by-step on how to accomplish these without messing
up
nothing?

kindest regards.

Use Dynamic Backgrounds and send Voice Clips - MSN Messenger - FREE
download. http://messenger.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2532

------------------------------------------------------ List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp ------------------------------------------------------ Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites: http://www.techgenix.com ------------------------------------------------------ You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as: tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See. Hear. Share. Instantly. MSN Messenger - FREE download! http://messenger.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2532