Child domain?

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:07:00 -0400

My organization has to spin off some of our clinics in a few months; I'd
like to run this by you all.

Currently the users there are in our domain, and use our exchange for
mail etc...

Can I buy them a new server with SBS(Small Business Server), create a
new child domain in our existing forest using SBS?

Or maybe a server with Windows Server 2003, promote to a domain
controller in its own child domain, with exchange 2000 standard (I have
an unused license). There are only about 50 users there. I'm looking for
the best solution, and need to plan for it now.

Doug Stelley
Network Admin.
Olean General Hospital
(716)375-7320

Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it
enkindles the great. - Comte de Bussy-Rabutin

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.