Checklist for Installing Service Pack 2 on Exchange 2003 with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

  • From: joed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:03:06 -0700

Our network environment consists of an Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
server on Windows 2003 Standard Edition OS.  We have some Blackberry users
and are running Blackberry Enterprise Server Manager (version 3.6.6.5) on
a different server.  I would like to install service pack 2 for Exchange
on the Exchange server and would like make sure I have covered all basis:

1) I have all the required hotfixes installed on the Exchange server and
would like to backup the email using NTBackup prior to install. What files
should I backup (edb, stm, logs)?  Do I have to stop the information store
when I do the backup?  If anyone can send a link or provide to-the-point
information it would be very helpful.

2) Does the service pack also have to be installed on the Blackberry
Enterprie server?  It is running the System Manager and Active Directory
for Users and Computers snap-in (it is member server).  Service pack 1 for
Exchange was not installed on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I just want to make sure this
upgrade goes as smooth as possible.

Thanks,

Joe