Chat Requirment

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

I wanted to implement chat server which comes with exchange. Now that MS has st
oped giving it with Exchange 2003, i need to find an alternative. Why did MS do
this ?? If my present company had exchange 2000 and if i had pay extra for chat
service when i move to 2003 then i feel cheated.. Do you guys agree with me ??
I just want employees to provide workgroup instant messaging with address
directory. Netmeeting with ILS server probably would have been best solution,
but i think it is absolute now. Communication server 2005 is a costly solution
just for this requirement.
Is there any thing else which is less cost or comes bundled with any MS
products in MSDN CD ..!!
Praveen R

Yahoo! Sports