Changing e-mail domain

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:27:28 -0600

We are in the process of changing our Internet domain name and it is my
job to find out what we will need to do on our Exchange server.  We have
only one domain, one site and one Exchange server.  There is a pop3 server
involved in this too.  Our Exchange 5.5 server is set up to send Internet
mail through an external SMTP gateway that also handles all incoming mail.
 Has anyone else gone through this and could you please let me know what I
will need to do on the server to get it changed.  When we start the
project we will have 6 months that we can operate under both names before
the old name comes up for grabs.

Thanks in advance
Byron