RE: Changing address book display order in exchange (For Mike Fugatt)

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:14:12 -0400

Hi Erhard

Its actually Mark, but no problem :-)

You need to carry out the steps on one of your Windows 2003 DC's and then
give it time to replicate to all your other DC's

Make sure you load the ADSIEDIT from the Windows 2003 Support tools not the
Windows 2000 ADSIEDIT, then open ADSIEDIT, expand Configuration >
Configuration > DisplaySpecifiers > click on CN=409 > right click over
CN=user-Display and open the properties > in the list of attributes scroll
down until you see createDialog, click on it and select Edit type in the
syntax as I detailed in the article and then click on OK, now come out of
ADSIEDIT.

ADModify should work the same with Windows 2003 as it did with Windows 2000

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc