Changing Exchange Server IP

  • From: ROSSILLON Pascal <pascal.rossillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:18:16 +0200

Hi all,

We do need to move an exchange server physically ( mean to put it in a car
an take it back to headquarter ) during we and need it to work for Monday.
It's Exchange 5.5 SP2 on Windows NT4 SP4. This server is the only one in the
Exchange Site. It will remain in the same NT domain. Replication with
Intersite Connector between sites. X400 and IMC on it.

As we are going to change it's IP because it will be on another subnet. Any
slide effects ?

As far as I can see, we only need :
- change IP entry in WINS to ensure new name resolution for clients and
Intersite Replication
- change external X400 systems to point to this new IP
- change IP on the mail relay to send to this new one

Regards.

Pascal Rossillon