Changing Admin Password for Active directory AND E2K

  • From: ckurmann@xxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:14:02 -0700

Hi everyone.

Is there any experience with changing Administrator password in Activ
Directory if the Administrator is also the Exchange 2000 service account?

I have done this before, and my E2K server lost contact to the AD about
24h later. Afterwards no one was able to authenicate themselfs to get into
the mailboxes, and I lost quite a lot of mails ins contact information not
to mention Time and credibility. (but I'm mentioning it anyway...)

I've changed the password again now, but this time I have a fairly good
backup strategie running, But I can't afford a testlab to fully test our
setup.

I can't see why I shouldn't be able to simply change the password, but
then it wouldn't be the first time Microsofts Logic completly baffels
me...

Thanks for any help
Christian