[ExchangeList] Change private IP on a cluster- In DNS, multiple computers can be named with the same name

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 00:02:04 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi Jim,

I am only repeating what I was told when Mike Nash, Paco Cruz and Steven Ashby from Microsoft's Technet group flew down and met with the board of my user group, the NTEA of which I was the Vice President and Postmaster www.ntea.net. We used an Imail list server and Fatbrain hosted the meeting shortly after they were acquired by Barnes and Noble . During that visit the team mentioned then that all the content posted to the Technet web site and on the technet CD's were maintained by a small group, of course this was in late 2000 and Mike Nash has since moved into the security role, and things may have changed.

I worked for Cisco, IBM, LSI Logic and I can't tell you everything their products do. Of course I realize that you are an Exchange & ISA expert, but how many Production Clusters have you built in a large Enterprise such as Microsoft?

Let me go back to my MOC on Clustering to verify the netbios recommendation in the course ware, it's been several years.

Peace,

Jose

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>