RE: Change of Default SMTP Address not replicated with ADC

  • From: Christian.Schramm@xxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:11:41 +0100

Thank you for your ideas. But since I figured out what the problem was here,
I am not going to analyze the logs.

To the problem: it had something to do with ADMODIFY :-)

I changed the bulk of users with this tool, somehow working around that bug
I told you a few days ago (that is, checking the option to use "same prefix
as current primary smtp address" not working properly)

After ADMODIFY, I replicated the whole directory with a two-way CA. What a
luck that I changed two users by hand and not with the tool, so I figured
out that only the users which had been modified with ADMODIDY had no default
smtp address!!!

Don't know why this occurs but it is a fact. Another thing I recognized
during this session today is the following:

The mail attribute of one user is not updated by ADMODIFY. It seems that it
only updates the proxyaddresses field and doesn't touch the mail attribute.
If you change the default smtp address through the AD Users and Computers
mmc, the mail attribute is automatically changed by the GUI. Maybe thats the
reason why replicating with ADC fails... I think the author of ADMODIFY
should correct this in a future version.

Well... that one costed some hand-work for me. But now I am happy to be done
and will have a nice turn of the year :-)

Happy new year @ all...

Christian