[ExchangeList] Re: :Change In Name of Global Catalog Server.

  • From: "Amit Kapoor" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:27:54 +0530

I have a Windows 2000 Server on Which Active Directory is configured.
Currently it's name is pdc1.login.com.

It was upgraded from Windows NT Server 4.0 to Windows 200 Server by previous
Network Engineer.

Now I want to change the Name of Active Directory server to my company name.
i.e. moduleone.com.

Is that possible in Windows 2000 Server and what would be the impact of it
on Exchange 2003 Server.

Because in Windows 2003 Server we can change the domain server's name by
using Netdom command.

But I want to know that is the same thing possible with Windows 2000 Server
and what would be pros and cons of this.

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer
Module One India Ltd.
Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park
A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-41859200 ext. 204 |  Fax: +91-(0)11-41859220
E-mail:  <mailto:amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  Web:
<http://www.moduleone.com/> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e   i n t e r n e t   s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading Interactive agencies, uses a
combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist
clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.