Change IP address for NT domain PDC,BDCs, and Exchange 5.5

  • From: Kelvin Hee <Kelvin.Hee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:32:10 +0800

Hi,

We are still in Windows NT 4.0 domain. Our Exchange 5.5 mail server is
sitting on a Win2000 member server (reason being ..we need bigger Hard Disk
storage space which Windows NT 4.0 can't support). We have about 150 NT and
mailbox users.

Due to merging with another company, we need to revamp our internal IP
address, which means change the IP address for NT PDC,BDCs, Exchange servers
and network peripherals devices.

If we go to  Network TCP/IP configuration to change the IP address of PDC,
BDCs and Exchange servers and also updated the WINS database (to refelect
the new IP for Domain domain controllers), any problems for our Win NT 4.0
,Win2k  and WinXP PCs logging into to the domain ?

What about the Exchange server mailbox, public folder and directory database
? Is it still working assume that the Outlook client point to Exchange
server using hostname ?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Kelvin Hee

Prebon email disclaimer

This email is intended only for the addressee.  This email
and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
or privileged information.  If you are not the named
addressee or the person responsible for delivering the
message to the named addressee, please contact
postmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email has been scanned by MIMEsweeper.