Certs questions

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 02:23:48 -0500

I didn't know if I should be asking this question here, but it does
pertain to Exchange.

Now that I have my own site working with RPC over HTTP; I think .local
sites don't work or there must be some work around I haven't seen yet. I
want to be able to allow my clients to download and install my cert on
their machine so that they can RPC over HTTP in my email server.

Currently I have a rule setup that accesses my http://fqdn/certsrv
online using the admin account. Is there away to simplify the
installation process so I can create a secure connection that would
allow users to connect and click on "install me now" and have the cert
install on their machine??

I use my own cert because I am too cheap to buy one. ;)

Thanks

Andrew