Case

  • From: Saleh Eqal <saleh_eqal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:26:26 +0200

Dear Professionals,

I have this case:
At the beginning of this year, I had a problem in my exchange server (which
is the Domain Controller). We have been attacked by a virus. That virus has
caused our system to be down for some time. At that time the virus had no
repair tools issued. So, I had to re-build a new server with the same
settings and connect the users to that server.

The Case:
1- I have a lot of important e-mails (belongs to the BOSS and some other
managers in the enterprise) which must be restored.
2- these emails are located on the old server.
3- The old and new servers both have the same settings. (Domain name,
computer name and IP address).
4- The old server is isolated.
5- Neither the old server nor the new server has a backup tape drive
installed.
6- The users has used the new server for almost a week now and have their
new e-mails stored in the new server. They want their old mails to be joined
to the new mails.

Questions:
How can I join the users old e-mails to the new server without loosing any
of the old or new e-mails..?
Can I change any of the settings on the old server to make be joined to the
new domain??

Best Regards/
Saleh Eqal
HAJ IT