RE: Can't send to certain domain?

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:33:33 -0500

I experienced a similar problem with one of our customers.  They had their
emailed hosted w/ their ISP.  Some reason the ISP had us blocked.  If I tried
telnetting to their mail server, I would never receive a connection so I know
it wasn't just the mail server but from our company ip range.  I went home to
the cable modem (different ISP) and was able to connect no problem.  After I
emailed the ISP, magically two hours later it started working.  I never
received anything from them stating what they did or why it wasn't working till
I called them on it.  Go figure.

Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.