Can't recover items in Public Folder that were deleted by a rule

  • From: "Nancy Forbes" <forbesn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:46:32 -0600

We are using XWall.  This weekend we recieved an update that changed some
settings so that many of our emails that are sent from form postings on
our web site got marked as SPAM.

These emails got sent to email enabled public folders.  I have rules on
these public folders to delete anything with [spam in the subject line
(which XWALL Adds.)  Then the emails get forwarded to whomever handles
posts for that site.

Problem:  Emails deleted by the rule do not appear in the Recovered
Deleted items option.  (Other emails I delete do appear there so it
appears to be something with the rule deleting them.)

I can see the emails in the Message Tracking Center in the Exchange System
Administrator.  So I know they are still there.  Is there another way to
get to them?  I have ID numbers for the messages.  Retention on the
folders is 7 days and this is day 6 since we installed the update.

I don't have to actually recover the email but I do need to get to the
message part of the email so I can copy it and forward that on.

PS - I've tried the option presentented in KB811358 which did not work.