RE: Can't receive any email yet I can get messenger pop ups... ups...

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:50:45 -0700

Dr. Tom Shinder.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931836663/ref%3Dnosim/searchbyisbn/w
wwshindernet-20/103-0852250-7281417

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1928994296/ref%3Dnosim/searchbyisbn/w
wwshindernet-20/103-1841018-6817403

Both books are must haves.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You

www.eservicesforyou.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Wheaton [mailto:PWheaton@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 9:39 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Can't receive any email yet I can get messenger
pop ups... ups...

http://www.MSExchange.org/
I started out with a Linksys DSL router.  very simple, easy to setup,
reliable, primitive.  the Linksys does not have nearly the features of a
full featured firewall like ISA server.
I switched to ISA when it was still in beta and have never looked at a
Linksys since.  ISA is a much better product, a little harder to setup, but
worth it.  It has been out for a while now and their are some really good
books out there two good ones by schindler or something.

Make sure you apply SP1 and Feature Pack 1

Patrick

The information contained in this email is legally privileged and
confidential information
only for the use of the individual or Brown & Toland Medical Group. Any
dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this in
error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this message, and
then delete
all copies of it from your system. Thank you.

"John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/30/2003 09:03 AM
Please respond to "[ExchangeList]"

        To:        "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [exchangelist] RE: Can't receive any email yet I can
get messenger pop ups...

http://www.MSExchange.org/

> I've got a copy of ISA ent lying around and I've been thinking long and
> hard about setting it up on this network and doing away with this
> linksys. From what I've read so far, the learning curve is tremendous
> and it demands special attention when being used on dsl connections.

The learning curve is only "tremendous" if you are doing things that are not
normal. Some DSL connections require special attention, not because of ISA
but because of DSL. (Dynamic IP, PPPoE, Ameritech, SBC, etc...)

There is a lot of information available at isaserver.org.

And yes, Linksys routers are not the best item to use for hosting services
such as e-mail.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com

Software Marketing Sites: Leading Network Software Directory:
http://www.serverfiles.com No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security Resource Site:
http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
http://www.ntfaxfaq.com