Re: Cannot send to Gmail (revisited)

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:07:34 -0300

Know what? I'd create a connector, putting the gmail smtp domain as the
address space, and make Exchange deliver the message to the Gmail MX
that is accepting connections from your server.
And for that MX that sends out a lot of NDR's, make it deliver messages
for gmail thru your other MX, that should take care of it. Create a
connector on the failing MX pointing to your other MX as the smart host
that'll make the delivery for all address space.
Tiago de Aviz
SoftSell - Curitiba
(41) 3340-2363
Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, tem caráter confidencial e seu
conteúdo é restrito ao destinatário da mensagem. Caso você tenha
recebido esta mensagem por engano, queira por favor retorná-la ao
destinatário e apagá-la de seus arquivos. Qualquer uso não autorizado,
replicação ou disseminação desta mensagem ou parte dela é expressamente
proibido. A SoftSell não é responsável pelo conteúdo ou a veracidade
desta informação.

>>> ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 6/3/2006 15:40 >>>

I'm still experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with one of my
outbound mx servers to gmail. Mails to gmail get delayed. When telneting
to gmails mx server I get 421: 4.7.0 Try again later, closing

This only happens to gmail, I do not have any issues with mail flow to
other domains when this happens, only to gmail and it only happens on
one of my mx servers. When this happens I can connect to gmails mx
servers fine from my other mx server. I have contacted gmail to look
into this, which they said they are looking into but have not received
an answer. This is what I think is occuring. The mx server we are having
an issue with, is a dedicated outbound mail server and sends out a
larger volume of mail compared to our other outbound mx server. This
server sends out a ton of NDRs. (We don't do ldap filtering yet) I think
we may be sending a large volume of ndrs to gmail and they are blocking
this particular server. Keep in mind that the connection is intermitent
and mail flow from this server will resume sometimes hourly plus or
minus. I think gmail has some security parameter in place that thinks
we're sending them spam or doing some sort of DHA attack. Does anybody
have any insight on this or some sort of policy that gmail may have?
Here's a thread, looks like couple other people have experienced this
but no answers posted. Thanks.
James Chong
ETS Sr. Exchange Engineer
Office: 703.206.7548