Re: Cannot send to Gmail Resolved

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:10:33 -0300

I Wouldn't wait for another SMTP relay solution to come for solving
this. If people need to send mail to gmail there (and I believe this
ain't a big volume of mail), just setting up your connectors would solve
it.

It's not a band-aid really ;) I doubt that gmail will remove your
"noisy" MX in a short period of time. It all depends on the urgency of
sending mail there.

Tiago de Aviz
SoftSell - Curitiba
(41) 3340-2363
www.softsell.com.br

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, tem caráter confidencial e seu
conteúdo é restrito ao destinatário da mensagem. Caso você tenha
recebido esta mensagem por engano, queira por favor retorná-la ao
destinatário e apagá-la de seus arquivos. Qualquer uso não autorizado,
replicação ou disseminação desta mensagem ou parte dela é expressamente
proibido. A SoftSell não é responsável pelo conteúdo ou a veracidade
desta informação.

>>> ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 6/3/2006 18:58 >>>

http://www.MSExchange.org/
Looks like my hunch was correct. When I telnetting into GMAIL's server
this time, I got

421-4.7.0 Our system has detected an unusual amount of unsolicited
421-4.7.0 mail originating from your IP address. To protect our
421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been
421-4.7.0 temporarily blocked. Please visit
421-4.7.0 http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review
421 4.7.0 our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. 15si118050wrl

This is really odd this is the first time I recevied a new message that
means something. Even now, if I were to telnet I don't get this message
but rather the
421 4.7.0 Try again later, closing connection. 27si7409145wrl

Connection to host lost.

I must've hit them at some particular time. We are not sending any
SPAM, I think it's us sending them a bunch of NDRs and they're system is
thinking we're sending them bulk email. I did notice in my SMTP logs
that some domains that think NDR messages (messages with <> in the from
field) thinks its SPAM and will close the session. Hopefully once we get
this LDAP filtering in place we can circumvent this.