Re: Cannot send to Gmail Resolved

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:58:10 -0500

Looks like my hunch was correct. When I telnetting into GMAIL's server this
time, I got

421-4.7.0 Our system has detected an unusual amount of unsolicited
421-4.7.0 mail originating from your IP address. To protect our
421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been
421-4.7.0 temporarily blocked. Please visit
421-4.7.0 http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review
421 4.7.0 our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. 15si118050wrl

This is really odd this is the first time I recevied a new message that means
something. Even now, if I were to telnet I don't get this message but rather
the
421 4.7.0 Try again later, closing connection. 27si7409145wrl

Connection to host lost.

I must've hit them at some particular time. We are not sending any SPAM, I
think it's us sending them a bunch of NDRs and they're system is thinking we're
sending them bulk email. I did notice in my SMTP logs that some domains that
think NDR messages (messages with <> in the from field) thinks its SPAM and
will close the session. Hopefully once we get this LDAP filtering in place we
can circumvent this.