RE: Cannot send mails to certain domains

  • From: "Hemmings, Rob" <Rob.Hemmings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:56:51 -0000

I recently had problems sending to domains such as Globalnet, because
they are performing reverse DNS lookups on all inbound mail (an
anti-spam measure, I believe) - my domain in DNS was not configured with
reverse DNS and was therefore being rejected by these domains.

I had to contact my ISP and RIPE in order to get this sorted.

Worth checking out...... hope this helps.

Hemmings, Rob
Bexley Mail Administrator / Postmaster
Senior Support Analyst
Steria (Bexley) UK Ltd