[ExchangeList] Re: Cannot pin point smtp error

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:52:26 -0400

One thing you might look into. I had an issue sending to Gmail in which users
were getting message delayed, sometimes several hours, sometimes up to days.
Ending up finding out that Gmail were dynamically blocking temporarily because
mail would eventually connect with them and mail would send. The issue was due
to "Bulk Email Sending" which I'm not exactly sure if it some of our
departments since some departments communicate to large number of volunteers
through their personal accounts. Delay messages are unique because, it's saying
their accepting your connection but it's not going through for some reason
unlike rejections such as where as you might not have a reverse DNS record or
they are just blocking you, in this case you would know you are being flattly
rejected. Now the reason I think it might be similar is because your NDR 451
message says too many recipients per message similar to to what I had "Bulk
Sending" Have you tried sending to just one user? If it still doesn't work,
it's possible they are temporarily blocking you in which you would have to wait
until their system uplifts it.