Cannot export to local pst

  • From: Moto Tohda <m-tohda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:48:01 -0400

Hi all,

We somehow have Windows 2000 server (Windows 2000 domain) with Exchange 5.5.
I'm currently trying to move to Exchange 2003 without migrating settings and mailboxes from Exchange 5.5.
Instead, I'm trying to create local pst to get all e-mails from Ex 5.5 to local PCs.
However, somehow exporting each mailbox from user PC to local pst fails and only partial messages transfers.
It gives top-level folder permission error message and access denied message.
I changed permissions but no cure.
Even exmerge on the Ex 5.5 Server only partially succeeded.
Has anyone seen these types of errors?
Is using Active connector to migrate mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003 is the best solution for this migration?
Thanks!

        Moto