Cannot delegate mailbox creation

  • From: "Cor" <corvanrees@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:07:44 -0600

Hi all,

Only Exchange Full Administrators can add new mailboxes to our mailserver
(Exchange 2000). I want to give other people also the rights to create a
mailbox and followed article 316792 from Microsoft. In fact, my colleagues
who I want to give the rights have even full control rights on the user
object of that OU, so that should be ok. But when they try to create a
mailbox, they cannot select the mailbox store, and for that the Next
button stays grayed out.
Off course I gave my colleagues the Exchange View Only role via Exchange
System Manager.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,
Cor