Cannot connect to server issue!!!!

  • From: "KEN MORRIS" <KMORRIS@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:39:45 -0400

Title: Cannot connect to server issue!!!!

I am having a VERY strange problem with one PC that is trying to connect to the E2K server. I just replaced one PC with another at the same wall port (same type of PC, same OS and office XP). When you try to connect to the users mailbox on this machine I get a message that tells me that it cannot find the E2K server. This is strange because I can browse to the server via the network as well as ping and tracert to it.

I have logged on as the Admin and still have not been able to get to it.

The Box, and cables have all been replaced, and the cables all tested.

The DNS settings are correct on the box.

I only have connectivity tester and this shows as being good between the wall port and patch panel.

Any suggestions?

This is the only one having issues in the whole place! The first box was replaced due to other reasons the Outlook ran fine on that one!!!