RE: Cannot Send To Earthlink

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:27:50 -0700

I know with just the IIS SMTP virtual server you can use MetaEdit to change
the HELO greeting, which is what you need to do.

John T

eServices For You

#5.5.0 smtp;550-EarthLink does not recognize your computer>

My guess is this is because earthlink is seeing my server as its
domain.local name  ( ) instead of its external
DNS name which would be Is there a way to make sure
my server communicates using its external DNS name

Lloyd Williams

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory: