Can send but cannot receive problem.

  • From: "Nobs" <nobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:48:54 +0200

I could be taking you guys back a bit but if I can just get help or
reference as to where to go for my problem.
Currenlt my client is running Exchange server 5.5 looking at replacing
that box with 2003 in the next three days. Currently I am experiencing a
problem. I will write it in bullet or point form

1. NT 4.0 server with exchange 5.5, Can send mail locally and receive
locally and also can send external mail but now the problem is cannot
receive anything from outside.
2. I did a telnet smtp test from outside to see if port 25 is working I
could get a reply and I could send mail but the user I sent the mail to
has not received it

Is there anyone who can tell me What could cause this problem. Is there
anything I could do. Suggestions.

Thank you